Wednesday, January 11, 2012


The digital culture continues to mold society into whatever it wants society to become. Technology has opened us up to a more vocal and participatory culture than ever before. It gives people a platform to share their culture with the rest of the world and allows everyone to have a voice to be heard. 
When looking at my own life, I realized that the digital culture plays crucial roles in my everyday routines. Most all the information I obtain I get from my iPhone. I check my social media sites, email, online banking, and much more multiple times a day. My social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, I check somewhere around three or four times a day. This makes me wonder though if that is a typical number or if that may be considered a low amount. One of my roommates checks her Facebook around the same number of times I do and my other roommate checks hers around five to six times a day. I also have become quite infatuated with the new social media site called pinterest. It is basically a network where people bookmark pictures from any site onto their pinterest boards. In my opinion it is for women but guys might have fun browsing the home decor, wedding ideas, and recipes also, who knows. I have also become part of the e-reader world after getting a Nook for Christmas. E-readers such as the Nook and Kindle, have taken the publishing world by storm. Ebook sales have been going no where but up. 
The digital culture is one that is constantly changing and one that is also instantly changing society by the minute. Something that can alter a society so quickly is definitely something to try to understand and keep up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment